The report focuses on the overall concept of ACOs. And also provides special focus on the specifics of the ACO model put forward in the health reform legislation. It is one of several demonstration programs under the administration of the CMS. For that reason, the information therein is timely and of high interest in the current health care environment.
The report concludes with discussions of six key questions surrounding ACOs.
- What are the key competencies required of ACOs?
- How will ACOs address physician barriers to integration?
- What are the legal and regulatory barriers to effective ACO implementation?
- How can ACOs maintain patient satisfaction and engagement?
- How will quality benchmarks be established?
- How will savings be shared among ACOs?
There is a slide presentation of this report.