There is often confusion around what is meant by the term “population health.” AHA and the Association for Community Health Improvement offer a definition of the term as well as the goals and processes that hospitals should consider as they implement population health strategies.
This infographic also illustrates five goals for hospitals:
- Coordinate hospital-based interventions with community stakeholders and other key partners through mature collaborations;
- Increase preventive health services through coordinated care across the health care continuum;
- Provide culturally and linguistically appropriate care;
- Promote healthy behaviors; and
- Track population health metrics against dashboard targets.