Exploring the road map for real-time, connected care delivery of the future
Health system leaders are reimagining the hospital of the future to address the changing environment and demands for clinical connectivity, patient experience, data security and virtual care. To support clinical innovation and operational objectives, new technologies like real-time asset tracking, artificial intelligence (AI) and applied virtual/augmented reality are integral to delivering next-generation, interventional care with real-time insights at the point of care. An infrastructure transformation is necessary to deliver those capabilities and power innovation road maps. This executive dialogue examines how health leaders are building their digital transformation framework to accelerate and advance better care coordination and outcomes with emerging technologies.
12 Priorities on Health Executives’ Innovation Transformation Road Maps
- Build an innovation driven ecosystem to connect, inform and delight.
- Reach out digitally to provide patients with the right care at the right time and in the right place.
- Innovate care models to take care of patients with chronic disease in their home to avoid hospitalization and to reduce emergency department visits.
- Tap into affordable connectivity in health-equity programs to address digital deserts.
- Create holistic, patient-centered treatment plans for high-risk patients using AI and predictive analytics to identify vulnerable populations.
- Emphasize the connected experience — bring together key demographic and clinical data to drive insights and action.
- Expand telehealth and digital experience for specialized services like digital pathology.
- Invest in data and make it actionable as a longitudinal record.
- Use real-time data to drive efficiencies in throughput and operations.
- Move to a single-use platform and a viable ambulatory health record across the health system.
- Ramp up digital acceleration with a technology infrastructure overhaul of the enterprise resource planning system and the EHR before digital transformation.
- Build new hospitals based on your digital strategy.
Teresa Andrea, MSHA, BSN, R.N.
Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Silver Cross Hospital
Jitendra Barmecha, M.D., MPH, SFHM, FACP
Senior Vice President, Chief Information and Digital Strategy Officer
SBH Health System
Charles Callahan, PhD, MBA, FACHE
President, Memorial Health Hospital Group and President and CEO, Springfield Memorial Hospital
Chief Digital and Information Officer
Bellin and Gundersen Health System
Deborah Gash, MBA, FACHE, CPHIMS
Senior Vice President and Chief Digital Officer
Saint Luke’s Health System
Director for Product Marketing, 5G, Private Networks and Connectivity
Gary Lynch, MHA
Global Healthcare and Life Sciences Lead
James Matera, D.O., FACOI
Senior Vice President of Medical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer
CentraState Healthcare System
Michelle McClurg, MA, RDN, LD
Vice President and Chief Patient Experience Officer
Brett Moran, M.D.
Senior Vice President, Associate Chief Medical Officer, Chief Medical Informatics Officer
Alpa Vyas, MHA
Chief Patient Experience and Operational Performance Officer
Stanford Health Care
Gay Wehrli, M.D., MBA, MSEd
Chief Medical Officer
University Hospitals Samaritan Medical Center
American Hospital Association
AHA Executive Dialogue Series
Gain insights from the C-suite and health care leaders on the most pressing issues and transformational strategies.