How a local Collaborative improves timely access to care and reduces stigma
Wednesday, August 29, 2018
2:00-2:45 p.m. ET
Please join Ellen Williams, Ph.D., senior director, Behavioral Health at Ascension St. Vincent’s, Jacksonville, FL and Paula Bides, MPH, director, Community Benefit, Ascension Florida for a special 45-minute AHA members-only webinar presentation and discussion on the ROI of Mental Health First Aid (MHFA).
The MHFA Collaborative in Jacksonville grew out of findings from a 2016 community health needs assessment. Learn how five non-profit hospitals, including Baptist Health, Brooks Rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic, St. Vincent’s HealthCare and UF Health Jacksonville have trained approximately 3,400 first aiders and certified around 60 Instructors in Mental Health First Aid in less than two years. The ultimate goal was to train 10,000 Jacksonville area citizens in four years.
Webinar participants will learn:
• how city leadership, law enforcement and first responders are included in the training effort
• about top level commitment as each CEO publicly voiced their commitment to mental health and pledged contribute funding
• the details and impact of the work to date
• and the diverse range of replicable activities
Upon registration, you will receive background information on each speaker, as well as a one page document providing a bit more detail on this work. The first 20 minutes of the webinar will focus on the core elements of their initiative needed to replicate similar solutions in your organization and the remaining time will be for questions and discussion. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions in advance of the webinar.
- Paula Bides, Director of Community Benefit, Ascension Florida
- Ellen Williams, PhD Senior Director for Behavioral Health at Ascension St. Vincent’s in Jacksonville, Florida