SHCA is a not-for-profit health care organization dedicated to serving those who advocate in the name of the patient. SHCA's diverse membership includes health care professionals who work in patient advocacy, guest and interpreter services, service excellence, quality and complaint management. The society offers resources and education that is developed by patient advocates for patient advocates.
Member benefits include:
- Peer resources and support through a member-only listserv and the Learning Network;
- Year-round discounts on educational offerings, including SHCA's robust Domains of Practice curriculum;
- Discount to the SHCA annual conference which features sessions on patient advocacy, service recovery, patient satisfaction and more;
- Career enhancement opportunities, such as volunteering or applying for an achievement award;
- Discounts on publications that contain easy-to-use templates and forms to assist patient advocates with their programs; and
- Access to timely news through SHCA's News You Need and quarterly newsletter.