May 4, 2022
#WeAreHealthCare National Hospital Week theme showcases the pride and resiliency of front line workers in America’s hospitals and health systems
This National Hospital Week (NHW), the AHA will follow the theme We Are Health Care — recognizing the women and men who work in America’s hospitals and health systems and the vital role they play in our society.
AHA and its professional membership groups (PMGs) have created resources to assist hospitals and health systems in celebrating National Hospital Week, May 8–14, and National Nurses Week, Mary 6–12. These weeks provide an extra opportunity to highlight America’s health care workers. Join us in this effort to help celebrate their story.
The AHA created a series of new videos sharing the health care workers’ perspective on the pandemic. The testimonial series shares the pandemic experience from the point of view of health care engineers, nurses, risk managers, environmental, supply chain, and other parts of the health care workforce. Access the video series on the National Hospital Week webpage.
As part of the video series and to highlight the hard work of America’s health care workers over the past two years, the AHA prepared a custom music video, “Worth Fighting,” for use by AHA members. The song was written in 2021 by Musician’s On Call Volunteer Brailey Lenderman and hit songwriter Chris Sligh based on their interviews with health care workers, who shared over video conference their moments of joy and struggle during the pandemic. The video can be customized with your hospital or health system logo and used on your digital channels.
The AHA developed social content allowing social users of all levels to get involved in showing support to health care workers. These include:
- Three distinct graphics for a hospital “H” social media profile takeovers. Download here.
- Instagram and Facebook AR filter effect. Show your health care provider pride with these social photo frames. Promote the filters in your hospital using a poster with an easy to access QR code.
- Download the full social media engagement toolkit and social media assets.
Get involved now by using the one-tap-to-tweet sample messages thanking health care workers.
- Every community has health care workers that worked day and night to provide care on the front lines of COVID-19. Celebrate them during #HospitalWeek? by listening and sharing their story. #WeAreHealthCare AHA.org/HospitalWeek
- Your community has health care workers that work on the front line of the pandemic. This #HospitalWeek ?, celebrate the health care workers that care for and protect your community. Get involved today! #WeAreHealthCare AHA.org/HospitalWeek
- Your hospital represents care, community, and comfort. Get involved during #HospitalWeek ? and celebrate the health care workers that work at your community hospital. One-tap to get involved! #WeAreHealthCare AHA.org/HospitalWeek
- H is a symbol for care and safekeeping. Celebrate your local hospital during #HospitalWeek? by showing support for the health care worker in your community. Get involved! #WeAreHealthCare AHA.org/HospitalWeek
- Health care workers inspire us every day and are at the heart of National #HospitalWeek ?. Celebrate the health care workers that protect you and your family. #WeAreHealthCare AHA.org/HospitalWeek
What You Can Do
Share this advisory with your communications and human resources teams.