To achieve the real and lasting transformation required by today’s challenging landscape, we need big ideas. We also need to manage the risk that comes with change.
AHA Innovation 90 is a program that guides ambitious leaders through a process to validate breakthrough ideas in 90 days. Using principles of informed design, Innovation 90 methodology includes a kick-off “bootcamp” event followed by 90 days of personalized coaching to turn ideas into action. It allows small teams to have a big impact on hospital operations and outcomes.
- Redesign care delivery
- Improve the patient experience
- Improve quality and value
- Tackle population health challenges
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
AHA Innovation 90 is for cross-functional leaders responsible for solving complex challenges. A project leader should be prepared to lead the team over a 90-day period.
THE INNOVATION 90 PROCESS
- Bootcamp prep: Identification of your design challenge
- 3-day bootcamp: Define your challenge, analyze data, co-create solutions, and outline a project plan.
- 90-day rapid prototyping: Partner with an Innovation Coach to transform your plan into action over 90 days
The Innovation 90 process starts by signing up your team of three to five participants for a three-day, immersive Bootcamp at the AHA's headquarters in Chicago, Ill.
Once your team is registered, Innovation 90 will assign an Innovation Coach who will guide your team in framing a challenge that Innovation 90 can address — a challenge that is desirable to solve, is feasible through a rigorous experimentation process and would have a sustainable impact on both your practice and profitability over time. Once your team has a clear design challenge to tackle, you’re ready for the 3-Day Bootcamp.
- Day 1 will be spent framing your challenge, identifying knowledge gaps, and choosing and building out an immersive methodology to solve your challenge.
- Day 2 will be spent evaluating competing alternatives, generating ideas and creating a tangible solution.
- Day 3 will be spent designing a discussion guide to validate assumptions.
3-Day BOOTCAMP TAKEAWAY
Your team will create a Customer Journey Map with pain points, dozens of possible solutions, a set of prototypes, a list of allies from whom to collect feedback, an “elevator pitch” describing the value proposition and an action plan for the next 90 days.
Continuing Education Credits
AHA Health Forum is authorized to award up to 21.5 hours of American College of Healthcare Executives (non-ACHE) Qualified Education Credit for this program toward advancement or re-certification in the American College of Healthcare Executives.
90 DAYS OF INNOVATION COACHING
After you leave Bootcamp, you will keep the momentum going with the support of an Innovation Coach to help you transform your 90-day plan into action. The Coach will engage with your team throughout this period to keep your project on track on a biweekly basis, assist you on overcoming organizational objections and ensure your idea becomes a reality.
GET REAL RESULTS
You’ll see verifiable results in 90 days. These results will usually be demonstrable for a single department or business unit. The rollout of the solution to the rest of the organization may take three to nine months, depending on the scale of the implementation.