Each year, 50,000 women suffer a severe maternal complication during hospitalization while 700 die from it. Addressing the root causes of these complications can reduce maternal mortality and morbidity, and bring forth necessary discussions and strategies for eliminating disparities. The American Hospital Association and the Advancement League brought together health care experts to learn, share and engage in dialogue around best practices and solutions that will improve health equity for mothers. View videos and insights from the event below.
- Kristine Bell, MBA, BSN, RN. Program Executive, Women and Children's Services, Oregon Region, Providence Health & Services
- Eugene Declercq, Ph.D., MBA, Professor, Community Health Sciences, Boston University School of Public Health
- Melissa Hanna, JD, MBA, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Mahmee
- Ali Hollman, MSW, LICSW, Manager, Patient Care and Customer Success, Babyscripts
- Crystal Evuleocha, CEO and Co-founder, Kiira Health
- Lee S. Beers, M.D., Medical Director for Community Health and Advocacy, Children's National Hospital; President-elect, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Deepa Kumaraiah, M.D., VP Services Lines and Clinical Strategy and Associate CMO, NewYork Presbyterian; Assistant Professor of Medicine, Columbia University Irving Medical Center