Resources will be added and updated often as new developments occur.
When the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) emerged in late 2019, hundreds of individuals and organizations around the world quickly mobilized to develop a vaccine for COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus. Governments, not-for-profit organizations and the private sector funded efforts, and regulators are working with great speed in partnerships with scientists and innovators.
This webpage is intended to help keep the field informed of important updates related to vaccine development, distribution, utilization protocols, supply chain and many other issues, through AHA-developed tools, as well as resources from the federal government and other stakeholders.
HHS COVID-19 Distribution
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Program Provider Agreement
- Strategy for Distributing a COVID-19 Vaccine (September 16, 2020)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Program Interim Playbook (September 16, 2020)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Process Infographic
COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation Frameworks
- Final NASEM Framework for Equitable Allocation of COVID-19 Vaccine (2020)
- Joint AHA, AAMC Statement on NASEM Report on Equitable Allocation of a COVID-19 Vaccine (October 2, 2020)
- John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health: Interim Framework for COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation and Distribution in the United States (August 2020)