As health care organizations adopt more value-based case delivery models, the integration of data and information assets into care delivery will be table stakes. Health care providers will need to be able leverage their unique position as creators and aggregators of data to improve patient experience and outcomes, and reduce cost. This Market Insights report from the American Hospital Association’s Center for Health Innovation offers hospital and health system leaders a blueprint for becoming an organization that leverages data for health innovation and for improving clinical, financial and operational performance.
Hospital and health system leaders can use this report to:
- Identify sources of health care data.
- Be aware of health data challenges.
- Transform into a data-driven organization with people, process and technology.
- Invest in technology and tools that can integrate different data sets, enable users to find what they are looking for quickly and easily, and present data to facilitate action.
- Prioritize data capabilities and evaluate data projects that fit with the organizational strategy.
- Ultimately, refine or develop a comprehensive data strategy to create more value for their patients and communities and embrace new opportunities.