In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 AHA Quest for Quality Prize has been suspended as hospitals and health systems continue to respond to the crisis. We recognize that the leaders and staff of these organizations remain intensely focused on providing quality care for their patients and communities while ensuring that their frontline caregivers and staff are supported.
While we are saddened by this suspension, we are proud to support health care organizations on the front lines during the pandemic. AHA thanks the health care community for their understanding, and we look forward to receiving and reviewing Quest for Quality Prize applications in 2021 for the 2022 Awards.
Please contact Cecily Pew (firstname.lastname@example.org), senior director, association governance, with any questions or to be notified when the 2022 application becomes available.
The $75,000 Quest for Quality Prize is presented annually to recognize health care leadership and innovation in providing and improving quality and advancing health in communities.
Who Should Apply
Hospitals and health systems committed to advancing health by
- Providing access to exceptional quality, safe and patient- and family-centered care that promotes individual and community well-being
- Partnering with other community organizations and agencies to improve the health status of their communities
- Developing new models of care, services, and collaboration
- Partnering with patients and families to design the patient care experience and engage them fully in their health
Quest for Quality Honorees inspire other hospitals and systems with the story of their journey, their accomplishments, and their aspirations.
How do you know if your organization is “ready” to apply?
The quest for quality is a journey without end; you should apply if your organization is striving to achieve the five commitments to
- Access: Access to affordable, equitable health, behavioral and social services
- Health: Focus on holistic well-being in partnership with community resources
- Innovation: Seamless care propelled by teams, technology, innovation and data
- Affordability: The best care that adds value to lives
- Individual as Partner: Recognize the diversity of individuals and serve as partners in their health
Hospitals and systems tells us that going through the application process was valuable in and of itself — it led to amazing discoveries about their own organization, their dedicated teams, and their best practices and innovation.
In 2020, the Quest for Quality Prize will recognize up to five organizations:
- $75,000 Winner
- Up to two $12,500 Finalists
- Up to four Citations of Merit