The 2023 AHA Quest for Quality Prize Application Period Now Open
The AHA Quest for Quality Prize seeks to increase understanding of the value of organizational focus and commitment to achieving quality health care and advancing health in communities. Hospitals and systems are urged to consider participation in the awards process both as a recognition and an assessment of their efforts to provide exceptional quality, safe, timely, efficient, effective, equitable, patient- and family-centered (STEEEP) and affordable care that promotes individual and community well-being and adds value to lives.
This brief overview of the Prize includes the benefits of submitting an application and recent honorees.
Applications for the 2023 AHA Quest for Quality Prize can be downloaded here:
Please be aware that a hospital that is part of a system may apply separately using the hospital application even if the system as a whole is applying using the system application. However, if the system is selected for a site visit, the hospital would not be eligible for a separate site visit and would be considered only as part of the system.
Updated! Submissions are due by 5:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday, Oct. 24, 2022. We strongly encourage you to convert attachments/appendices into a single PDF to ensure that all materials are seen by the Committee and to minimize the chance of possible distortion in graphs, charts and layout. The file name should contain your system’s name. E-mail applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Should Apply
Hospitals and health systems committed to advancing health by
- Providing access to exceptional quality, safe and patient- and family-centered and affordable care that promotes individual and community well-being
- Partnering with other community organizations and agencies to improve the health status of their communities and address disparities
- Developing new and innovative models of care, services and collaboration to provide seamless care
- Partnering with patients and families to design the patient care experience and engage them fully in their health
Quest for Quality honorees inspire other hospitals and systems with the story of their journey, their accomplishments and their aspirations.
How do you know if your organization is “ready” to apply?
The quest for quality is a journey without end; you should apply if your organization is striving to
- Raise awareness of the value of a hospital-wide/system-wide commitment to advancing health in America by providing access to exceptional quality, safe, and patient- and family-centered and affordable care that promotes individual and community well-being and adds value to lives
- Showcase successful efforts to develop and promote new and innovative models of care, services and collaboration to provide seamless care
- Inspire hospitals and systems to lead and partner with other community organizations to improve health status and address health care disparities
- Recognize hospital and system leadership to improve efficiency and effectiveness of care
Hospitals and systems tell us that going through the application process was valuable in and of itself — it led to amazing discoveries about their own organization, their dedicated teams, and their best practices and innovation.
All health systems and hospitals in the United States are eligible to apply for the award. A “system” is defined as two or more hospitals owned, leased, sponsored or contract managed by a central organization. “System” shall refer to the parent organization and “hospital” shall refer to the system’s individual hospitals. Depending on your organization type, you have the option of selecting the “Hospital” or “Health System” application.
Please email email@example.com with any questions about the prize.
Apply for the 2023 AHA Quest for Quality Prize Application
2022 Quest for Quality Prize Honorees
Winner: University Hospitals
Finalist: Ochsner Health
Finalist: WellSpan Health
Citation of Merit: NorthShore University HealthSystem
Ochsner Medical Center
NorthShore University HealthSystem
2022 Quest for Quality Prize Podcasts
#JustLead featuring University Hospitals
Join Our Mailing List
For updates on the AHA Quest for Quality Prize and to be notified when the new application goes live, please join our mailing list.
2022 Quest for Quality Prize Winner University Hospitals
- 2021 Honorees
- 2019 Honorees
- 2018 Honorees
- 2016 Honorees
- 2015 Honorees
- 2014 Honorees
- 2013 Honorees
- 2012 Honorees
- 2011 Honorees
- 2010 Honorees