The COVID-19 pandemic has illuminated many of the structural issues that contribute to and exacerbate already existing inequities in communities across the country. COVID-19 has brought the health equity conversation to the forefront, and we now have a unique opportunity to change how we address social and health inequities and promote value in the future. This event, hosted by the AHA and the Advancement League brought together leaders to discuss ways we can develop solutions that will create a more equitable path forward. View videos and insights from the event below.
- Uche Blackstock, MD, Founder and CEO, Advancing Health Equity
- Monica Ramirez, Founder, Justice for Migrant Women
- Desiree de la Torre, Director, Community Affairs and Population Health Improvement, Children's National Hospital
- Leigh Caswell, Vice President, Community Health, Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Denise Brooks-Williams, Senior Vice President & Chief Executive Officer, Henry Ford Health System North Market
- Matt Primack, President, Advocate Condell Medical Center, Advocate Aurora Health