America’s rural hospitals are committed to serving their communities and ensuring local access to high-quality, affordable health care. The AHA is working to ensure federal policies and regulations are updated for 21st century innovation and care delivery, and new resources are invested in rural communities to protect access.
On this page, you can find our most up to date rural advocacy agenda, our rural report, the latest AHA regulatory advisories, comment letters, fact sheets and more.
2020 Rural Advocacy Agenda
View and download the 2020 Rural Advocacy Agenda here:
- AHA, Health Organizations Express Support for the Accountable Care in Rural America Act (H.R. 5212)
- S. 2648 the Rural ACO Improvement Act
- AHA Comments on Rural and Underserved Communities Health Task Force Request for Information
- AHA Comments on HRSA's Rural Access to Health Care Services Request for Information
- Fact Sheet: Lower Health Care Costs Act (S.1895) Rural Impact
- AHA Recommendations for FCC’s Connected Care Pilot Program
- AHA Comments on CMS’s Request for Information on Reducing Administrative Burden
- AHA Letter of Support for Bill that Would Provide Regulatory Relief to Small, Rural Hospitals