The Tulane team is led by members of the Tulane School of Medicine but includes Master Trainers from multiple organizations around New Orleans. This New Orleans based team has trained healthcare professionals from 3 international countries and 41 U.S. states for a total of 1,446 Master Trainers through 2018. Tulane University has more than 20 Master Trainers, with 9 key instructors who teach multiple times each year for the local healthcare student education, AHA Team Training Program, the Louisiana Hospital Engagement Network, and private contracts in New Orleans and around the country. The team's Master Trainers come from multiple disciplines and from the Tulane School of Medicine, Tulane Medical Center, Touro Infirmary, University Medical Center, Louisiana State University Health Sciences, and Delgado Charity School of Nursing.
Courses take place inside the Tulane Center for Advanced Medical Simulation and Team Training, which is located in the Tulane Murphy Building on the University’s downtown health sciences campus.
Tulane Center for Advanced Medical Simulation & Team Training
Tulane Murphy Building, Downtown Health Sciences Campus
131 S. Robertson St
3rd Floor Classrooms
New Orleans, LA 70112
After you register, a welcome letter will be provided that outlines other logistical information including hotel recommendations in the area.
- Jennifer Calzada, MA, MPH, Director, Tulane Center for Advanced Medical Simulation and Team Training at the Tulane School of Medicine.
- Chayan Chakraborti, M.D., FACP, FHM, Vice Chair for Education, Course Director for Medicine Clerkship, Associate Professor of Medicine, Tulane School of Medicine; Academic Hospitalist, University Medical Center New Orleans.
- John R. Cook, Esq., Senior Attorney, University Medical Center New Orleans, LCMC Health.
- N. Kevin Krane, M.D., FACP, Vice Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor of Medicine, Chief of Clinical Nephrology, Tulane School of Medicine; Director for Team Training Education at Tulane Sim Center.
- Cathy Lazarus, M.D., FACP, Associate Dean for Student Affairs & Records; Professor of Medicine, Tulane School of Medicine and Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center.
- John T. Paige, M.D., FACS, Director of Wound Care, Louisiana State University Healthcare Network Clinic; Professor of Clinical Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center.
- Rita Preiksaitis, B.S.N., RN, Manager, Nursing Education, Tulane Medical Center.
- Mary Trosclair, M.N., RN, Coordinator of Simulator Lab; Professor of Nursing, Charity School of Nursing-Delgado Community College.
- Amy Cook Waldrup, RN, MSN, EMS Liaison, Touro Informary.