TeamSTEPPS Next Steps
Becoming a TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer is a great accomplishment! You were provided an introduction to practical tools while developing approaches to address the complexities of behavior and culture change. But change takes time.
What happens after you experience resistance?
What action do you take when leadership or staff have no ownership in the implementation plan?
What do you do when you experience drift?
In an exclusive first look, this workshop aims to take a deeper dive into implementation planning using design thinking principles while also refreshing and expanding upon the TeamSTEPPS tools. Participants will walk away with actionable and practical next steps that they can begin to implement immediately. Come discover how to build on your bright spots and learn from your peers and faculty new ways to address challenges in order to become a TeamSTEPPS Influencer at your organization.
This workshop is led by an interprofessional, multi-organizational group of AHA Team Training faculty. You'll have the opportunity to interact one-on-one with AHA Team Training faculty while also leveraging the expertise of your peers from across the country.
- Review key components of the TeamSTEPPS tools
- Identify barriers and successes of the implementation of an improvement effort
- Analyze the current teamwork climate/culture and share best practices
- Evaluate your team's current implementation plan
- Construct a new plan or refine the current plan
- Formulate an actionable sustainability and spread plan
Who Should Attend?
- Those who have attend a TeamSTEPPS Master Training Course in the past and/or have been implementing TeamSTEPPS at their organization
- Anyone who has struggled with:
- Implementing, spreading and sustaining the tools or program at large
- Fostering ownership of TeamSTEPPS
- Making the pitch or value proposition
- Teams of two are required, although it's recommended to:
- Bring three or more team members
- Have an interprofessional team working towards the same goal
RESERVE YOUR SPOT
Fee for the 1.5-day program is $500 per person (teams of two are required) and includes:
- 12-hour program with AHA Team Training faculty
- Breakfast both days and lunch on Day 1
- Workshop materials and resources that can be accessed during and after the session
- Certificate of completion as an American Hospital Association TeamSTEPPS Influencer
- Access to a discounted registration rate for the 2019 and 2020 AHA Team Training National Conferences
- An invitation to attend an exclusive session for TeamSTEPPS Influencers at the 2020 AHA Team Training National Conference
For teams of three or more, we invite you to register at a discounted rate of $400 per person. You must contact firstname.lastname@example.org before registering to receive the discount code.
NOTE: While this workshop does coincide with the 2019 AHA Team Training National Conference beginning on June 12 at 1:00 p.m., conference attendance is not a requirement to register for the workshop. However, if you are interested in attending the conference, instructions on how to register at the discounted rate will be provided in your workshop confirmation email.