TeamSTEPPS Master Training Course
for Outpatient Care
Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety (TeamSTEPPS) is an evidence-based set of teamwork tools designed to optimize team function, and ultimately patient outcomes. The Master Training Course is a 2-day in-person course with an orientation to train-the-trainer utilizing games, scenarios and activities. Participants are equipped with TeamSTEPPS fundamentals, as well as skills and resources for training and coaching peers on the behaviors needed to achieve positive results specific to those in ambulatory/outpatient environments. This course is taught by, and produces, Master Trainers.
- Identify common communication/teamwork challenges in outpatient care
- Learn the TeamSTEPPS tools and how they can help to overcome these common challenges
- Analyze how the TeamSTEPPS tools can be effectively used in your environment
- Practice the use of the tools in practical scenarios
- Construct a plan to teach, coach, measure, and implement the tools
Who Should Attend?
The course is aimed at anyone who works in an outpatient setting be it a medical office, clinic, surgery center, community health center or freestanding urgent care. While it will focus on these settings the course is for anyone who wishes to:
- Learn TeamSTEPPS tools and principles
- Learn to teach TeamSTEPPS tools and principles
- Receive advice and guidance on implementing TeamSTEPPS tools and principles
There are no requirements to attend this course although it is recommended for participants to come with 2-3 team members if feasible. Team rates are available. Email email@example.com for more information.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT
Fee for the 2-day program is $560 per person and includes:
- 13-hour program with AHA Team Training faculty
- Breakfast and lunch both days
- Course materials and resources that can be accessed during and after the session
- Certificate of completion as an American Hospital Association TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer